What is it?
This massage therapy is applied to the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and over the face. It stimulates the energy pathways, called Meridians, clearing congestion and relieving tension.
What are the benefits?
- Increases joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders
- Improves blood circulation and lymphatic flow
- Frees knots of muscular tension
- Relief from muscular tension and stiffness in the neck and shoulders
- Eliminates accumulated toxins and waste products.
Why choose Indian head massage?
Indian head massage is especially good for relieving:
- Migraine and Sinusitis.
Clients report that the experience is deeply calming and relaxing, leaving them feeling energised and revitalised and better able to concentrate. This treatment is also beneficial for computer users.
What happens during a treatment?
Before the first session, a detailed consultation and medical history is taken. Fully clothed, you will sit on a chair.
The therapist uses a range of different movements including application of deep kneading and compression movements over the neck, shoulders and scalp areas. In addition, the therapist will also gently stimulate and stroke pressure points on the face.